Member recipe by katherinesschreier
Its a very sweet dessert , its a Peruvian Recipe , Its a little hard to do , but you can do. You can make it in special times , like christmas and a birthday or if you are a chef you can make it !
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 2 beaten egg white
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, vanilla, and egg yolks in a saucepan. Place over medium-low heat and gently cook until the mixture thickens, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, about 30 minutes. Pour into a heatproof serving dish and set aside.
- Whip the egg whites with confectioners' sugar to stiff peaks. Spread meringue on top of milk mixture. Refrigerate until cold, about 3 hours. Sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.
- Amount Per Serving Calories: 317 | Total Fat: 7.2g | Cholesterol: 90mg