Aguachile de Camaron
Member recipe by margaretmwilson
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-3 whole serrano peppers
- 1 lb. medium shrimp
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- i medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 1 large avocado
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Fresh tortilla chips
- Combine lime juice, salt and chilies in blender. Process until smooth. May be chopped with knife. Place in large bowl.
- Peel and devein shrimp; cut each in half lengthwise. Add to the marinade along with onion, cucumber and mango. Mix well. refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- To serve, arrange shrimp on a platter. top with onion, cucumber and mango. spoon on some of the liquid. arrange avocado slices around edge of plate. Garnish with cilantro and tortilla chips.