Member recipe by traceyrennie
- 8 oz dried mixed fruit
- 8 oz self raising flour
- 4 oz caster sugar
- 1 mug hot black tea
- 2 tablespoons of treacle or marmalade
- 1 egg
- Tip fruit into bowl and pour over hot tea. Cover and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Once tea has been absorbed into fruit then mix together flour, egg, marmalade or treacle if using and sugar. Stir in all fruit and any leftover tea.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin and bake for 1 hour at 180 degrees. Test with a skewer. If it comes out clean it is done if there is mix on it leave for another 5 mins before checking again.
- Serve warm or cold with butter.