Orange Drizzle Cake
Member recipe by benconnolly247
- 225g Soft Unsalted Butter
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 225g Self-Raising Flour
- Finely Grated Zest & Juice of 1 Orange
- 25g Caster Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Fan 160C/Gas Mark 4. Beat the butter and 225g sugar together until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, slowly mixing through after each addition.
- Sift in the flour then add the zest of the orange and mix until well combined.
- Line a loaf tin with grease-proof paper then spoon in the mixture and level the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until a thin skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- While the cake is cooling in its tin, mix the juice of the orange with the 25g sugar. Prick the warm cake all over with a fork and drizzle the drizzle over the top.
- Leave in the tin until completely cool, then remove and serve. Will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days and will freeze for up to 1 month.