Orange Drizzle Cake
Member recipe by benconnolly247
- 225g Soft Unsalted Butter
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 225g Self-Raising Flour
- Finely Grated Zest & Juice of 1 Orange
- 25g Caster Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Fan 160C/Gas Mark 4. Beat the butter and 225g sugar together until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, slowly mixing through after each addition.
- Sift in the flour then add the zest of the orange and mix until well combined.
- Line a loaf tin with grease-proof paper then spoon in the mixture and level the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until a thin skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- While the cake is cooling in its tin, mix the juice of the orange with the 25g sugar. Prick the warm cake all over with a fork and drizzle the drizzle over the top.
- Leave in the tin until completely cool, then remove and serve. Will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days and will freeze for up to 1 month.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…