Chocolate soil (crumbs)
Member recipe by fbrogersbros
this is a garnish we use in the restaurant kitchen in the UK...use it to top ice-cream, mix it with natural yogurt and enjoy
- 70 g plain cooking chocolate
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- heat the sugar and water in a pan.
- cut the Plain chocolate into small pellets about the size of a finger nail.
- when the sugar reaches 130 degrees celsius / 266 fahrenheit.
- note: if you haven't got thermometer wait until all sugar dissolved and starting to change medium brown colour.
- then take off the heat.
- get a whisk, add the chocolate bits and stir with the whisk.
- make sure all the sugar coats the chocolate and stir for about 2 minutes.
- empty out the mixture to a container.
- pour hot water into the pan with the whisk and boil until the mixture starts to dissolve. it makes it easier to clean.
- you can add different chocolate flavours if you like and spices.