Member recipe by suicidebunnies
A great muffin recipe. It beats having the same old mini pizza's at social events. Tested & a proven success at Kids parties, family occasions & my personnel favorite, DVD night in with friends.
- For the muffin mix:
- Dry Ingredients:
- 300g Flour
- 1tbsp Baking Powder (if big muffin tops are preferred add 1/2tbsp more)
- 1tsp Salt
- Wet Ingredients:
- 2 Eggs
- 100ml Vegetable Oil
- 200ml Milk
- Pizza Ingredients:
- 2tsp Dried Oregano
- 1tsp Black Pepper
- 2tbsp Fresh Basil
- 200g Pizza Topping (sold at most supermarkets)
- 150g Cheese (Grated)
- For the topping:
- Pizza Topping
- 12 Thin Tomato Slices
- 12 Small Cubes of Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 220C/Fan200C/Gas 6.
- Mix all Dry Ingredients togeather in a big bowl: Flour, Baking Powder & Salt.
- Mix all Wet Ingredients togeather in bowl/jug (I prefer using a jug, as easier for pouring later on): Veg Oil, Milk & Eggs
- In a separate bowl mix all Pizza ingredients: Pizza Topping, Grated Cheese, Dried Oregano, Black Pepper & Fresh Basil.
- Then roughly mix the Wet & Pizza Ingredients in with the Dry Ingredients. Do not over mix the Ingredients. Muffin mix is suppose to be lumpy & goopy & it should fall off the spoon in globs.
- Once mixed spoon into muffin cases, fill fairly high up the cases but do make sure you have enough Muffin Mix for 12. Bake for 20mins on top shelf.
- Remove from oven after 20mins & start placing the toppings on. Spread some Pizza topping on the muffin, then place a slice of tomato on top & finish with a small cube of cheese. Repeat for all 12 muffins & return to the oven for 5 mins/until cheese has melted.
- Once cooked, leave in tray for 5mins to cool then transfer to a cooling rack for 10/15mins. I prefer to serve mine while still warm but can be served at room temp.