Raspberry yogurt cake
Member recipe by mazzyb
- 175ml raspberry yogurt
- 125g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 275g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- FOR FILLING AND DECOR
- handful whole raspberries
- icing sugar
- 150ml double cream
- 75g halved raspberries
- Preheat the oven to gas mark5/180C. Line and grease a large round baking tin.
- Mix the butter and sugar together in a bowl until creamy, then mix in the eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in the yogurt and vanilla.
- Fold in the flour.
- Pour into the tin and bake for 40-55 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- While leaving to cool, whip the cream and fold in the halved raspberries once, so there's a marbled effect.
- Cut the cake in half when completely cool, and pour the filling, then sandwich together, carefully.
- Dust the cake with icing sugar and top with a few raspberries.