- ½ medium cantaloupe melon (about 350g/12oz), skinned and cut into chunks
- 250g strawberry, hulled and sliced
Once available in Britain for just a brief period during the summer, strawberries are now a year…
- 4 ginger biscuits, roughly crushed (try Fox's Crinkle Crunch)
Mainly grown in Jamaica, Africa, India, China and Australia, ginger is the root of the plant. It…
- 2 pieces of stem ginger in syrup (about 25g/1oz), chopped, plus 2 tsp of syrup from the jar
- 2 x 150g / 5oz pots Greek yogurt
Yogurt is made by adding a number of types of harmless bacteria to milk, causing it to ferment.…
- 4 tsp light muscovado sugar
Gently mix the melon and strawberries together in a large bowl with a spoon or your hands, then pile half into four glass tumblers. Sprinkle with half the biscuit crumbs.
Stir the chopped ginger and syrup into the yogurt and spoon into the tumblers. Pile the rest of the fruit on top, then scatter with the remaining crumbs.
Sprinkle a teaspoon of muscovado sugar on top of each dessert and chill until ready to serve (up to 2 hours ahead) – the sugar will gradually melt to give a yummy toffee flavour.
Take out of the fridge about 15 minutes before serving, so they are not too chilled.