Member recipe by mbenza
- 3 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 3 tsp dried basil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 dried chilli peppers
- 400g tin of cherry tomatoes in sauce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- handful of fresh basil
- handful of grated parmesan cheese
- pinch of salt and black pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 300g penne or other short pasta
- Heat 2 or 3 tbsp of olive oil in a tall pan, add the dried oregano and thyme, chopped garlic and crushed chilli peppers. Fry for few minutes. Don't let the garlic turn brown.
- Add the tin of cherry tomatoes into the pan. Simmer uncovered for about 8 minutes and let the excess water evaporate.
- Reduce the heat, cook for another few minutes, stirring occasionally and crushing the tomatoes into the sauce.
- Add pinch of salt and black pepper to taste. Add both dried and fresh basil; 1 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Stir.
- In the meantime, cook the penne according to the packet instructions.
- Mix the pasta with sauce and garnish with fresh basil leaves and handful of grated parmesan cheese.