Member recipe by quickasianrecipes
An easy to cook breakfast favorite from India. Stuffed with Mashed Potato, this Indian bread tastes equally good with other stuffed ingredients like fenugreek, cabbage, lentils, cottage cheese, peas etc. Can be prepared in 15-20 minutes
- Wheat flour - 500 gm or 2 Cups
- Boiled Potatoes - 2
- Onion chopped - 1
- Green chilly chopped - 2
- Roasted Cumin seeds - 1 Tsp
- Salt - 1 1/2 Tsp
- Vegetable oil - 4 Tbsp
- To prepare the dough take the wheat flour, add half Tsp of salt, 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil. Mix well and pour water over the flour and knead into a smooth dough. Keep aside to rest.
- Mash the boiled potatoes, add roasted cumin seeds, chopped onion, and green chilly and salt . Mix well till all the ingredients are nicely combined.
- To prepare the paratha, take a golf ball sized portion of the dough, flatten it with your palm. Now place a spoon full of the prepared stuffing in the centre of the flattened dough ball.
- Now bring together all the sides of the dough and pinch them tightly to form a dumpling.
- Place this dumpling on your work top and roll it out gently using a rolling pin. Dust wheat flour on the work top if the dough becomes sticky. Once rolled the paratha should be evenly thick from all sides.
- To cook, heat oil in a frying pan, place the rolled out paratha on it. Cook on one side for two minutes. Flip it over apply some more oil on the surface and cook on both sides till it becomes crispy.
- Serve hot along with plain yoghurt or Indian pickle.
- Tip: Use a little extra oil while kneading the dough, this will result in crispier Parathas. Also try using other stuffing like crumbled cottage cheese(Paneer) or mashed Peas.
- This paratha has been served along with yoghurt sprinkled with some dried mint and chilli flakes.