Member recipe by aliceinthekitchen
A genuine spicy beef madras curry from a srilankan friend. hot, tasy and delicious with boiled rice, naan breads and chutneys.
- 2 LB or 1Kilo Braising Steak (cubed)
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste/puree
- 1 Cup of Beef Stock
- 2 tbsp veg or sunflower oil
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- Curry Paste Ingredients.
- Half tsp of Ground Black Pepper
- 1tsp of Chilli Flakes or Fresh Birds Eye Chillies. (add more for hotter curry)
- 2 Tbsp of Ground Corriander
- 2 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp of Ground Cumin
- 1 Heaped tsp of Turmeric
- 2 tsp of Grated or Pulped Ginger
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (crushed)
- heat oil on medium temp in large heavy bottomed pan. fry onion till golden for 3/4 mins. then set aside and fry beef on high heat, once meat is browned set aside with onions.
- mix all paste ingredients together in pan and fry on a medium heat for 1 minute. then add the beef to the pan and coat.
- add tomato puree/paste and beef stock and bring to boil for 2 mins.
- cover and cook for 1 hour on low heat, stiring occasionaly.
- remove lid for for last 8 mins of cook time to thicken sauce. serve with boiled rice and plain yoghurt.