Member recipe by robochoc
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Biscuits
Vaniklkove Rohlicky or vanilla crescents are Czech Christmas biscuits (cucrovi). Delicate and delicious.
- 150g plain flour
- 110g margarine
- 50g ground almonds
- 20g icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- Vanilla essence
- Grated peel from 1 unwaxed lemon
- Vanilla icing sugar to cover
- Sift the flour and icing sugar together. Add the grated lemon peel and mix. Then mix the butter into the dry ingredients.
- Add the egg yolks and mix in completely but as lightly as possible.
- Leave to rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Roll out to around 1.5 to 2cm diameter lengths, then cut into approx 15cm lengths. Place onto a baking sheet covered in baking parchment, rounding down the ends and forming into crescent shapes.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven 150C / fan 130C / gas 2 for around 10 minutes. Leave to cool slightly until warm, and then place into tins and cover with vanilla icing sugar.