Member recipe by sweetunique
- 4 egg whites
- (220g) caster sugar
- 150ml/1â4 pint double cream, whipped
- 1/2 tub mascapone
- 2 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 1 tbsp sherry
- 1 bag of (defrosted) mixed forest fruits
- 1 tbsp quality fruit jam
- Preheat oven to 150Â°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place egg whites into a clean bowl. Beat with electric beaters until soft peaks form. Gradually add caster sugar, beating well between each addition. Beat until mixture is thick and glossy â this will take at least 5 minutes.
- Spoon heaped tablespoons or piped swirls of the mixture onto baking trays. Flatten meringue into a disc. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crisp. Cool completely in the oven with the door ajar.
- Gently mix together cream, mascapone, icing sugar and sherry.
- Arrange meringues on a serving dish. Spoon cream mixture into centres of meringues.
- Decorate with forest fruit mixed with jam. Serve immediately.