Carrot and Lemon Thyme Risotto
Member recipe by mustardcomms
- 1.4ltr/21/2pts hot vegetable stock made with low salt stock cube*
- 30ml/2tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 450g/1lb carrots, washed and coarsely grated
- 350g/12oz arborio rice
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- a few springs of lemon thyme or 5ml1tsp dried
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g/2oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- * Kallo do a very low salt vegetable stock cube
- 1. Place the stock in a small pan and keep on a low heat. Heat the oil in large heavy-based pan, add the onions and saute for 2-3mins to soften without colouring. Add the garlic and carrots and cook for a further 2 mins.
- 2. Add the rice and stir until the grains are coated. Add a ladleful or two of the stock to the pan, stir well then gently cook until the stock has been absorbed. Repeat until all the stock has been used and the rice is nearly tender - about 20 mins
- 3. Remove from the heat, stir in the cheese and finally adjust the seasoning to taste. Serve sprinkled with a few more sprigs of thyme if liked.