Member recipe by laurabethmcn
ServingsServes 1 - 16 Squares
- 200g milk chocolate (I use Lindt milk chocolate)
- 100g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 125g digestive biscuits
- 135g bag of Maltesers
- For the topping
- 200g milk chocolate
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp golden syrup
- Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking parchment. Place the 200g of chocolate, butter and syrup in a heat-proof bowl and melt over a pan of barely simmering water or in the microwave. Once almost melted, remove from the heat and gently stir until any tiny bits chocolate have melted. Allow to cool a little.
- Place the biscuits and 35g of the Maltesers in a freezer bag, seal and crush with a rolling pin. You want mainly crumbs but a few small chunks of biscuit is fine.
- Top the crushed mixture and whole Maltesers (save 1 or 2 for yourself) to the melted chocolate and stir until everything is coated. Press into the prepared tin and make the topping.
- For the topping, melt the chocolate, butter and syrup as before and spread over the biscuit base.
- Cover the tin with cling film or foil and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before cutting into squares.