Member recipe by strangeinplaces
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Pieces
Skewered kebabs of marinated pork which are served in tapas bars all over Spain.
- For 8 large skewers
- 1 kg cubed pork
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp paprika
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- The size can also vary from being small skewers with 2 or 3 chunks of meat to larger ones with 7 or 8 chunks. This recipe is for the larger variety but again you may want to go for the small ones and get more pinchos out of the same mix. This recipe makes 8 large skewers
- Grind the cumin and the coriander seeds and put them in a large bowl. Add the garlic, paprika, oregano, a pinch of salt and then mix in the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Cut the pork into small cubes. Put the meat into the marinade and make sure it all covered by the marinade. Leave it to marinate for about 2 hours in a cool place.
- After about 2 hours put the meat onto skewers. You should get about 8 skewers from this quantity of meat depending on how much meat you put on each one. I used metal skewers but do remember if you are using wooden ones it is a good idea to soak them in water for a while as this should prevent them from burning.
- You can then cook them over a preheated grill or on the barbeque. Remember to turn them over part way through cooking and spoon the juices over them. Cooking time will depend on the heat of the grill or BBQ and also how big or small you cut the pork. I would estimate about 10 minutes under the grill.