Member recipe by potnoodles
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Jar
Living in Germany I do miss the odd cream tea, so if you feel the same you'll love this recipe. Not quite as good as the original, but it does come jolly close!
- 1 litre whipping cream or fresh raw milk from the farmer
- Pour the cream or milk into a wide double saucepan or bowl and place over some hot water on your cooker.
- Leave the water to simmer for 2-3 hours.
- When the cream or milk has developed a thick bubbly layer on top, remove from the stove and cool in a cool place first and then in the fridge for several hours.
- Once the cream has cooled through, carefully lift off the top layer and place in a different container. It should make approx. 150 g. of delicious clotted cream for you to enjoy!