Member recipe by robbenwick
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Pieces
A Greek Cypriot sausage recipe I picked up whilst serving in the RAF in Cyprus.
- 500g minced pork
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 slice of bread, remove crust and soak in 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- teaspoon pepper
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 peice of Caul fat
- 1 lemon, the juice of
- Wash the caul fat well under running cold water and place it in a bowl, add the lemon juice and leave for 10-15 minutes. Rinse and let it drain.
- In a medium sized bowl add the meat, onions, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, cinnamon. Squeeze any excess water from the bread and add this to the rest of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Lay out the caul fat flat and cut it into square pieces about 7x7cm. Put about a tablespoon of the meat mixture in every piece of caul fat, fold in the outside edges and roll.
- Thread a metal skewer with 3-4 sheftalia lengthwise or with a special fork type skewer 4-5 sheftalia widthwise. Place the sheftalia on a charcoal barbecue, or under a preheated grill on high, and cook for 10-15 minutes turning them from time to time until they are cooked thorougly.