Homemade Sponge Cake
Member recipe by stelladias77
Sponge Cake is easy and fun to make.This cake is one of my favorite types of cakes. Try this recipe.
- 200 grams cake flour Sifted
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 100 grams butter
- 8 whole eggs separated
- 300 grams sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Sift the flour and baking powder three times.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over low heat. Let cool.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks. Beat egg whites until they become white and frothy. Add sugar little by little and continue beating until sugar dissolves.
- Next add the egg yolks and beat about 5 minutes. After that, add in the dry ingredients, melted butter, and vanilla. Mix well using a rubber spatula.
- Pour the sponge cake batter into an 11-inch round pan that has been greased with butter and floured.
- Preheat oven to 180 C degrees and bake the cake for 30 minutes.
- The cake is ready when you can lightly press on it with your finger and it bounces back. (and also when a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.)
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool.
- Serve and enjoy.