Farmhouse sultana cake
Member recipe by bakingchef15
ServingsServes 1 - 18 Slices
- 8oz plain flour
- 1 level tsp bicarb of soda
- 2 level tsp mixed spice
- 8oz plain wholemeal flour
- 6oz butter
- 8oz soft brown sugar
- 8oz sultanas
- 1 egg, beaten
- 300ml 1/2 pint milk
- Pre-heat oven to 170c, butter and base line a cake tin.
- Sift plain flour, with the mixed spice, and bicarb of soda into a large bowl; stir in wholemeal flour.
- Rub the butter in until it resembles fine breadcrumbs, then add the sultanas and sugar.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and add the milk.
- Beat gently until well mixed and of a dropping consistency, add more milk if needed. Turn into prepared tin.
- Bake in center of oven for 1 hour 40min. Until well cooked. Turn out onto wire rack.