Member recipe by hjbetts
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Sandwiches
- 12oz (325g) best quality, thinly sliced ham
- 1 loaf brown bread, thin-sliced
- 1 stick (4oz) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 level dessertspoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 scallions (spring onions) very finely sliced
- 2oz (50g) Parmig1ano Reggiano shavings
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Cream together the butter, mustard and sliced scallions. Season to taste with salt and freshly milled black pepper.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with the butter.
- Cover each side of half of the bread slices with a layer of the thinly sliced ham.
- Sprinkle over the parmesan shavings and season with a little freshly milled black pepper.
- Lay a slice of buttered bread over the top of each sandwich and press down lightly.
- Trim the crusts off each sandwich.
- Now cut them into either 3 rectangles, 4 triangles, 4 squares or 4 octagonals (squares with the corners trimmed off).
- Arrange the sandwiches neatly on a serving platter and garnish lightly with sprigs of watercress. Serve immediately.