Vegetarian chilli con carne
Member recipe by Harrysu
- oil to fry
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pepper, chopped
- 1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin of baked beans or kidney beans/mixed beans
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chilli powder, more if you like it hot
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder (optional)
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Quorn mince, 3 handfuls (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Tortilla chips
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add chopped onions and peppers, fry until soft.
- Add mince, continue cooking until brown, 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, baked beans, tomato puree, stock cube, garlic, chilli, cumin powder and salt, cook on a low heat for 20 minutes, stir occasionally.
- While chilli is cooking begin to cook rice.
- Taste to see if more chilli is needed, if so cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice and tortilla chips.