Really Easy Apple Puree
Member recipe by emsiescott99
A simple, healthy and delicious recipe for a nutritious yet still tasty snack.
- 5-6 medium sized apples, preferably of different varieties (braeburn, cox, gala)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnomon
- 1 tablespoon low calorie sweetener (eg: Splenda)
- Wash the apples then peel, core and slice them.
- Place the apples in a large pan and then put in enough water to cover them up.
- Bring apples to the boil, then gently simmer for 15-20 minutes or until soft.
- Drain the apples, then, using a hand blender/ potato masher or spoon, mash the apples into a thick puree
- Place in the fridge to cool before serving.