Mulled wine Russian style
Member recipe by maasorokina
Hot and spicy delicious winter drink. One of my greatest joys at the cold season.
- 1 bottle of dry red wine
- 2 oranges
- 1/2 lemon
- 200 gr red berries (e.g. raspberry)
- 4 tbs honey
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks
- 2-4 stars of anise
- 5 cm piece of fresh ginger root
- Slice the lemon and 1 orange. Using vegetable peeler take a strip of peel off the 2nd orange. Then squeeze the orange. Slice the ginger root and break the cinnamon sticks into large pieces.
- In a large pan combine orange slices, zest and juice with lemon slices, berries and spices. Add the wine and set on medium heat.
- Stir till the honey dissolves and bring to hot temperature. Don't let it boil. Pour the mulled wine into classes or tea cups with a ladle and serve.