The Best Shortbread Recipe!
Member recipe by tashax3
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Slices
A delicious light and buttery shortbread recipe which is as easy as pie to make!!
- 250g unsalted butter (plus extra)
- 125g caster sugar (plus extra)
- 250g plain flour
- 125g of semolina or cornflour/fine polenta (not granules!)
- Preheat oven, 150 degrees C. Cream the butter and sugar. Add the plain flour and semolina or cornflour/polenta. Mix lightly.
- Press into a buttered 22cm square tin or a 20cm diameter round tin and prick with a fork.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar.
- But into squares/slices whilst still hot and allow to cool.