Member recipe by tonytrigg
Creme Patissiere - not an item in itself, but for use in all sorts of puds . . .
- 4 egg yolks
- 60g caster sugar
- 25g plain flour
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 280ml milk
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar for a few minutes until pale and slightly thickened.
- Whisk in the flours.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan until stating to boil.
- Whisk the milk into the egg mix.
- Put the whole lot back into the pan, stirring all the time until thick and boiling.
- Take the pan off the heat - cover with cling-film to prevent a skin from forming.