Chicken Mushroom Soup
Member recipe by ahmedtiko
Great and easy recipe by Diana Rattray. make a professional tasty soup at home.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1 large rib celery, diced
- 12 to 16 ounces sliced mushrooms, a combination of fresh mushroom varieties, if desired
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- In a large saucepan, heat butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic and stir until tender but not browned.
- Add diced chicken, carrot, and celery; cook, stirring, until chicken is nearly cooked through.
- Add the mushrooms and continue cooking, stirring, until mushrooms are tender. Stir in flour until blended; add chicken broth and thyme.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring. Cover and reduce heat to low; cook for about 10 to 16 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste; stir in cream and heat through.