How to make simple homemade mayonnaise using a stick blender.
Points to remember
- Place egg yolks, vinegar, mustard and then oil into a tall jug.
- Place stick blender at bottom of jug. Blend for 10 seconds, then draw the blender up and push any remaining oil into the emulsion.
- Repeat this a couple of times until you have a thick mayonnaise. Season with salt and lemon juice.
- Always add the oil to the jug last. Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature.
- Store mayonnaise in a sealed container in the fridge for one to two days.
- Do not serve this mayo to young children, pregnant women, infirm or elderly people because raw yolks are used.