Chicken and Mushroom Soup
Member recipe by actordahling
This is a delicious soup made with a chicken carcase and mushrooms with chicken pieces added.
- For the stock
- 1 chicken carcase
- 1 bayleaf
- For the soup
- 500Gms closed cup mushrooms - cleaned and sliced
- 2 onions - chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic - chopped
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- To finish
- 100 ml single cream
- Boil the chicken carcase and bayleaf until you have 2lts of stock.
- Remove carcase and bayleaf and sieve the liquid to remove andy solids.
- In a clean soup pan, add the olive oil, chopped onion and garlic and cook for 10 mins.
- Add the mushrooms and stir to mix. Add flour to the pan and coat everything well.
- Add the warm stock and bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins.
- Remove from the heat and blend with a handblender until almost smooth. Add any leftover chicken cut into small chunks.
- Add the cream and stir to mix it in. Season to taste and serve with crustini.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…