Sherry and Garlic Mushrooms
Member recipe by lanapolitana
- 3-4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. small mushrooms, whole
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. chopped Italian parsley
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Be sure the mushrooms are completely dry. Add the mushrooms and saute undisturbed (do not stir) until the liquid released by the mushrooms evaporates and they turn golden brown, about 5- 8 minutes. Stir and continue to saute until most sides are browned, about 4-5 more minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the minced garlic to the pan. Cook about 30-45 seconds.
- Add the sherry, stir and saute about a minute.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and stir about 30-45 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat and top with fresh parsley. Taste and season if needed. Serve warm.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…