Member recipe by beccaninny55
A luscious desert best served with a good dollop of custard. Good for warming you up on cold winter nights. A personal favourite of mine.
- For the Crumble:
- 100 grams of rolled oats
- 100 grams of plain flour
- 75 grams of brown sugar
- 100 grams of butter/margarine
- For the Apple Filling:
- 800 grams of cooking apples (peeled and quartered)
- 100 grams of caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 75 grams of raisins/sultanas
- Preheat the oven to 190.C/375.F/gas 5
- Put the apple chunks in a sauce pan on a low heat, add in the sugar, water, lemon juice and cinnamon and leave to simmer for 5-8 mins, occaisionally stir to insure all the apple chunks cook. Add the raisins lower the heat and leave for 2 mins. When done put into a large baking dish.
- Cut the butter into small cubes.
- For the crumble add the flour and oats into a medium/large mixing bowl.
- Rub the butter in with fingertips until crumble mixture appears (try not to leave any big chunks of butter).
- Place the crumble on-top of the apple mixture and smooth over.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden.
- Serve instantly or reheat 10-15 mins before serving.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…