Cookie Monster cupcakes
Member recipe by feesmith
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
Make these cute cupcakes to bring a smile to any child's (or adult's) face!
- 12 Cupcakes (I used the Lemon and Poppyseed recipe on this website and substituted vanilla for the lemon and poppyseeds)
- The frosting I made using a vegetable shortening (in Aus its called So Lite, I think in the US Crisco is similar) and icing sugar mixture. You could use butter cream but the frosting is pure white and colours beautifully. You would need to double the buttercream you usually use for 12 cupcakes
- Blue colouring - use a good one for the best colour
- Coconut - dyed blue to match the frosting
- 12 Choc chip cookies
- Melted white and dark chocolate to make the eyes.
- I used an icecream scoop full of frosting to get the right shape and then dipped in it coconut. Press the coconut on and tidy up the shape.
- When the frosting has firmed a little cut a slice out near the bottom and push a cookie in (you may have to trim the cookie little depending on the size of your cookies). Or make his mouth further up and put cookie pieces around it.
- The eyes I made by using melted white to make a circle and then dark chocolate in the middle. Don't make them all exactly the same - it adds a bit of character to the finished cakes!
- Simple - very messy and lots of fun!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…