Member recipe by laura_abbott01
Traditional greek lamb kleftiko made easy with the help of your slow cooker. Delicious and melt in the mouth.
- 500g boneless lamb, cubed
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 med potatoes
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 bay leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan and brown the lamb on all sides. Place in the slow cooker.
- Wash and slice the potatoes and tomatoes, and add to the slow cooker.
- Peel and chop the onions and garlic and add to the cooker with the remaining oil, lemon juice, bay leaves and oregano.
- Season with the salt and pepper to desired amount and cook on the low setting for at least 6 hours.
- In the final 30-60 minutes add the crumble feta and stir.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…