Leek & Sweet Potato Soup
Member recipe by cagwilson
- 1 Large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 Medium leeks, washed and sliced
- 25g Butter
- 600ml Stock, either chicken or vegetable
- Ground black pepper
- optional 4 Rashers of bacon
- Saute the leeks for 4 minutes in the butter. Add the stock and sweet potato and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sweet potato is cooked.
- Season the mixture with black pepper, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Place the cooled soup into a food processor, and liquidise until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pan and bring back to the boil, adding any extra water as necessary to thin the soup to the required consistency.
- If desired, grill the bacon until crispy, and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Place the soup into the serving bowls and sprinkle the bacon pieces over the top.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…