Easy Thai Prawn Curry
Member recipe by poshpause
Easy-peasy curry for folks new to cooking Thai style. Originally adapted from a recipe in Good Food Magazine. I served it with couscous as I didn't have enough rice in at the time - and it was fabulous. Not strictly speaking Thai - but who cares!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp grated fresh root ginger
- 1-2 tsp Thai Red Curry paste (take care, some can be very hot!)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 50g sachet coconut cream
- 400g raw frozen prawns
- coriander, chopped, to serve
- plain white rice or couscous, to serve
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan or wok. Tip in the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes or so until softened.
- Stir in the curry paste and ginger, and cook for 1 minute more.
- Pour over the chopped tomatoes and add the coconut cream. Add a little water if necessary, to loosen the mixture.
- Bring to the boil, then leave to simmer for 20 mins or so. Add a little more water if the mixture gets too thick.
- Tip in the prawns and cook for 5-10 minutes more, depending on how large they are. Serve with plain rice or couscous and sprinkle with a little chopped Coriander, to serve.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…