Member recipe by twinklestar
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup water
- 2 large onions
- 750g chicken
- 500g mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock
- 200 ml cream
- 200 ml mayonnaise
- small bunch of parsley
- Slice the onions roughly and fry lightly in a large frying pan in small amount of oil.
- In a bowl or large measuring cup combine the wine, water, curry powder and chicken stock. Pour this into the onions and allow to simmer for about half an hour.
- Slice the mushrooms thickly and cube the chicken. Fry lightly, and then add to the onions simmering in the wine and water mix. Leave simmering for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile whip the cream till it just holds shape, then fold in the mayonnaise, and lastly the parsley, finely chopped.
- Remove the chicken, mushrooms, onions and wine from the heat and fold in the cream, mayonnaise and parsley just before serving. Serve on a bed white rice.
- This can also make a really nice vegetarian meal if you leave out the chicken and double the amount of mushrooms, and replace the chicken stock with vegetable stock.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…