Pasta With Yogurt Pesto
Member recipe by isobelstorm
A creamy flavoursome pesto without cheese or oil. Using yogurt is a great way to create an indulgent tasting yet low fat, healthy sauce.
- 40g walnut pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- zest of 1 lemon
- 25g fresh parsley
- Small handful of fresh mint leaves
- 125g Yeo Valley Organic Fat Free Natural Yogurt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g asparagus tips
- 350g spaghetti or other pasta shape
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1tsp bouillon vegetable stock powder
- 3tbsp water
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- First make the pesto. Place the walnut pieces, garlic, lemon zest and herbs in a food processor and blend until finely chopped.
- Gradually add the yogurt to form a smooth sauce. Season with a little black pepper. Chill in the fridge until required. This will keep covered in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Trim the asparagus tips. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Five minutes before the end, heat a large frying pan and add the chilli flakes, bouillon powder and water. Stir to dissolve the powder then toss in the asparagus tips and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the spaghetti and tip into the frying pan with the lemon juice. Pour over the pesto sauce and toss thoroughly.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges and salad. For additional flavour you could sprinkle over a little freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…