Ade's meat risotto
Member recipe by silverspoon_ade
- 1 onion sliced into wedges
- 250 g of pork cut into strips
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- a handful or two of button mushrooms halved
- 1 large carrot finely diced
- 125ml of rissotto rice
- 1 teasp each of caraway seed, cumin seed, blackpepper corns
- half a teasp of fennel seed
- 5 birdseye chillis (optional)
- a dash of lemon juice
- salt to taste (sparingly)
- 1 tablsp of tomato puree
- 1 Knorr stockpot.
- 600ml of boiling water and more to top up if needs to be
- Stirfry the vegetables and pork in 1 tbsp of oil on high heat until the onion is soft.
- grind up the seeds with a coffee/spice grinder or use ready ground spices and using half a teasp each of these to the dish. Add to the stirfry, and a dash of lemon juice (about a teaspoon). Turn heat down to simmer.
- Boil a kettle and fill a jug to the 500ml mark with the boiling water and mix in the stock jelly and the tomato puree, then tip it into the stirfry and mix well. Turn heat back up and bring to the boll
- Add the rice and then turn heat down to a simmer, best to transfer it onto the smallest hob on your cooker at this time.
- simmer for 30 minutes keeping a close eye that it doesnt dry out. Add more water if necessary. Cook until rice has swollen and soft . Now is the time to taste, does it need salt? Stir in the salt if needed, cook for a minute and serve. This dish should have some liquid left after cooking time is over, but in a few minutes it will soon soak into the rice.
- Note: this dish should be served wet and not dry
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…