Chicken and chorizo paella
Member recipe by michaelaproctor
A lovely paella that will make you dream of sunny Spain. Ready in 45 minutes, at around £2.50 a head, it won't break the bank either.
- 110g cured chorizo, sliced
- 1 large Spanish onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into large pieces
- A knob of butter
- 300g paella or risotto rice
- 1 litre hot chicken stock
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- A handful of green beans, halved
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- A handful of finely chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Heat a large pan over a medium heat and dry-fry the chorizo, sliced, until it is golden and the oil is released. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, then stir in the sweet smoked paprika and the hot paprika and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat a knob of butter in the pan and stir in the rice, then add 1 litre hot chicken stock, stir well and cook for 10 minutes.
- Return the chorizo, chicken and onion to the pan with the red pepper, green beans, and tomatoes. Season and cook for a further 5 minutes, until the rice is tender.
- Stir a handful finely chopped fresh flatleaf parsley into the paella and serve immediately.
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…