Member recipe by mikey2012
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Litre
A strawberry flavoured gin, great to use in cocktails, splashed over ice, mixed with tonic or given as Christmas presents.
- 450g frozen strawberries, defrosted & roughly crushed.
- 150g castor sugar.
- 700ml bottle of gin.
- YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
- a 1 litre wide-necked glass bottle or le parfait-style jar.
- Spoon the roughly crushed strawberries into the bottle or jar. Add the sugar & gin, seal and give the bottle a gentle shake to mix everything together.
- Leave the sealed bottle or jar at room temperature for 3 days, giving the container a gentle shake twice a day to make sure all the sugar dissolves into the gin.
- Strain the mixture into a jug, wash & dry the bottle or jar and return the strained gin into it.
- Seal well with a screw-topped lid, cork or clip top. Make a label giving the date made & a 3 month drink-by date.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…