- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thigh, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed or sliced
Part of the lily, or alium, family, of which onions are also a member, garlic is one of the most…
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
Sometimes called bell peppers or capsicums, these sweet, mild peppers come in variety of colours…
- small bunch spring onion, sliced
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 100g or 3 good handfuls beansprout
- 2 x 150g packs straight-to-wok noodles
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then stir- fry the chicken for about 3 mins, until golden.
Throw in the garlic and pepper and cook for 2 mins more. next, add the spring onions, beansprouts, noodles, sauce and 5 tbsp water and toss everything together for a final 2 mins cooking. Serve immediately.
You can vary this stir-fry with a 200g pack of pork or turkey strips. Stir-fry the meat in hot oil for 3 mins until golden, then finish the recipe as before.