Easy Microwave Sponge Pudding
Member recipe by gneal91
- For The Sponge:
- 4oz Butter/Marg (plus some for greasing the bowl)
- 4oz Sugar/Caster Sugar
- 4oz S/R Flour
- 2 Medium Eggs
- For The Topping: - Pick any (or choose your own)
- 2-3 tbsp Jam (any jam)
- 2-3 tbsp Chocolate Spread
- 1 Banana Sliced
- 2-3 Peach halves
- 2-3 tbsp Golden Syrup
- You will also need:
- 2 Bowls - 1 Needs to be slightly smaller than the other and needs to be microwave proof.
- In a bowl cream the Butter and Sugar together untill smooth.
- Add in the Eggs, and beat quickly so that it does not curdle (You could add a tbsp of flour at this point - if you are worried about it curdling).
- Once the Eggs are combined, add in all of the Flour, and combine together, try to get as much air in the mixture as possible.
- Grease a separate bowl with a little butter. In the bottom of the bowl put in your topping, (eg - Jam).
- Once the Jam is in the bottom, add the sponge mixture on top of the Jam and level out slightly.
- Cover with cling film or a plate and microwave for about 6-8 minutes (Time may vary on individual microwaves - so if you think it needs more time dont worry - you cant over cook the sponge - just be carefull if you have used chocolate spread this can burn)
- Once cooked remove the cling film or plate (be carefull it will be hot). Place a large plate over the top of the bowl - holding the bowl and plate together - flip the bowl upside down and the sponge should land on the plate. Take the bowl off, cut into 4 and serve with custard.
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…