Quick Fat Free Sponge
Member recipe by lanilovescooking
- For the Sponge:
- 3 Eggs
- 75g Caster Sugar
- 75g Self Raising Flour
- For Filling (Optional - If making Victoria Sponge Version)
- 100g Single Cream (I personally use Elmlea)
- 100g Strawberry Jam
- Preheat Oven to 170C/Fan 150C/ Gas 5. Place baking paper in a 7inch circular baking tin.
- Using an electric whisk, whisk together the eggs and sugar until it has tripled in size and is stiff. A test of this is to use the whisk to create a line on top of the mixture with the mixture and if it stays, then it is ready.
- Carefully fold in the flour, making sure to knock out as little air as possible so that the cake will rise well, pour the mixture into the tin and put into the oven for 10 minutes.
- (If making Victoria Sponge version) Create two of these cakes and leave to cool, whisk the cream ready.
- Once cooled, spread jam on one of the halves and then place the whipped cream on top. Then place the other half on top and enjoy - best served with a nice cup of tea!!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…