Homemade Sweet Buns
Member recipe by stelladias77
These buns are very sweet and delicious. This is a kid friendly recipe. These buns are very sweet and delicious. This is a kid friendly recipe.
- * FOR THE DOUGH:
- * 250 grams Plain Flour
- * 5 grams Yeast
- * 25 grams Sugar
- * ½ teaspoons Salt To Taste
- * 110 milliliters Warm Water
- * 1 whole Egg, Beaten, Divided Use
- * 25 grams Butter, Softened
- * _____
- * FOR THE FILLING:
- * ¼ cups Strawberry Jam
- * ¼ cups Candied Mixed Fruit
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix 1 minute. Next add water and half of the beaten egg. Mix. Add butter and mix until combined. Knead by hand until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Cover the dough and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes. After that, punch the dough down and make 8 round balls and allow them to rise for 10 minutes
- Now take out each ball and roll out with a rolling pin until you get a thin disk (diameter 3 inch, thickness 1/4 inch).
- Place some strawberry jam and sprinkle some candied mixed fruit on the top of the disk. Then wrap and cover the filling from all sides with the dough. Then, pinch the seams to close. Next shape the dough into a ball shape. Using sharp scissors, snip the top surface of the dough a bit to form petals to shape it like a flower (see photo)
- Place buns on a greased metal tray and allow them to rise for 20 minutes. Next brush the remaining beaten egg over the top of the buns.
- Bake at 200 C for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…