- 175g/6oz basmati and wild rice
- 400g can mixed bean salad, drained and rinsed
- bunch spring onions, chopped
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
Although it's technically a fruit, the mild-flavoured avocado is used as a vegetable. Native…
- juice 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 1 tbsp Cajun spice mix
- small bunch coriander, chopped
Want to see what this recipe costs at different supermarkets? Compare in one place here:
Cook the rice following pack instructions. Drain, then cool under cold running water until completely cold. Stir in beans, onions, pepper and avocado.
Mix the lime juice with the Cajun spice mix and some black pepper. Pour over the rice mix, stir in the coriander and serve with extra lime wedges.