Member recipe by megan27
ServingsServes 1 - 15 Pieces
This fudge is great for parties and especially at Christmas time, they'll last for up to 2 weeks, so you can make them ahead!
- 300ml milk
- 350g caster sugar
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Grease an 18cm square tin
- Put the milk, sugar and butter in a heavy-based saucepan. Heat slowly, stirring all the time, until the suagr has dissolved and butter has melted.
- Bring to the boil for 15-20 minutes, stirring all the time. When the mixture rises dramatically take it off the heat for 1 minute, stirring all the time until the mixture goes back down
- When the mixture reaches the soft-ball stage (115 degrees on a temperature probe) remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat the mixture with a spoon for a few minutes until it starts to thicken and the gloss disappears. Pour the mixture immediately into the tin and leave to set at room temperature.
- Once set, cut the fudge into small pieces and store in a sealed container.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…