- 3 leek, trimmed, washed and roughly sliced
Like garlic and onion, leeks are a member of the allium family, but have their own distinct…
- large knob butter
Butter is made when lactic-acid producing bacteria are added to cream and churned to make an…
- ½ small Savoy cabbage, shredded
- 8 chestnut mushroom, sliced
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- 3 medium potato, peeled and thinly sliced
The world's favourite root vegetable, the potato comes in innumerable varieties. A member of…
- 1 small vegetarian Camembert or other rinded soft cheese, sliced with the rind on
- 1 tbsp thyme leaf
In a shallow microwavable dish toss the leeks in half the butter and cook on High for 5 mins until they begin to soften. Stir in the cabbage and mushrooms and add the crème fraîche. Lay the potato slices over the vegetables pressing them down with a fish slice.
Dot the potatoes with the remaining butter and microwave, uncovered, for 15-20 mins on High until they are done. Scatter over the cheese and thyme, and either microwave on High to melt for 2 mins, or grill until crisp and brown. Leave to stand for a few mins and serve straight from the dish.