Jack Daniels (Meat) Glaze
Member recipe by pubngrub
If you love the sticky sweet sauce on steaks and ribs in TGI Fridays then you will love this.
- 1/2 Small White Onion Very Finely Choped or Minced
- 3 to 4 Chunks of Pineapple Finely Chopped or Minced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Finely Chopped or Minced
- 1 tsp Light Soya Sauce
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 4 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 200 ml Pineapple Juice
- 150 ml Water
- 50 ml Tarayaki Sauce
- 50 ml Jack Daniels Whiskey (Or Equivalent)
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Add the oil to a saucepan and cook the onion and garlic until soft. About 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the pineapple juice, water and brown sugar and bring to the boil whilst stirring. Once boiling reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Now add the Pinneaple, Tarayaki sauce, Soya sauce, lemon juice, whisky and Cayenne pepper. Stir in well and bring the mixture back to the boil. Once boiling reduce to a simmer.
- Note: At this stage you can spoon a little of the mixture onto your meat or Ribs as a marinade whilst it is still a loose consistency.
- Leave to simmer for around 30 minutes until the glaze reduces by half and the consistency thickens. You can add a little white flour to the mixture if you like it really thick!
- The glaze is ready to serve over your steak or Ribs.
- Note: For extra flavour you can coat your steak or Ribs with the Glaze and grill for the last few minutes to give it a really sticky finger licking taste!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…