- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
A seasoning often used in Vietnamese and Thai cooking. In Vietnam it is usually made from shrimp…
- 3cm piece ginger or galangal, finely chopped
Mainly grown in Jamaica, Africa, India, China and Australia, ginger is the root of the plant. It…
- 2 lemongrass stalks, finely sliced
- 6 freeze-dried kaffir lime leaves (Barts is very good)
- 1 fresh red chilli, chopped
- 2 tsp light muscovado sugar
- 500g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- good handful fresh basil and coriander, roughly chopped
Most closely associated with Mediterranean cooking but also very prevalent in Asian food, the…
- 250-350g Thai rice, cooked following pack instructions, to serve
Tip all the ingredients except the chicken, lime juice and herbs into a pan, bring to a gentle simmer and cook uncovered at a relaxed bubble for 5 minutes.
Add the chicken, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, until the chicken is tender. Stir in the lime juice, then scatter over the herbs before serving with rice.