Leek & Potato Soup
Member recipe by sebastien100
- * 4 medium - large leeks
- * 6 medium potatoes
- * 1 litre vegetable stock
- * 2 tablespoons olive oil
- * salt & pepper to taste
- * 4 tablespoons double cream or 100ml milk (optional
- Chop the top off the leek and trim the roots. Chop the leek in half lengthways and wash under running water, fanning out the layers, to make sure all grit and mud has gone.
- Wash the potatoes (peel if the skins look bad) and chop into eighths.
- Chop the leek roughly. Heat the olive oil in a soup pan and add the leeks and potatoes. Stir to coat with oil. Then cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to stop browning.
- Add the stock and stir well. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until the potatoes are soft.
- Remove from the heat and liquidise. For a bit of variety, you can leave this soup whole, if you prefer.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in the cream / milk just before serving.
- Serve hot.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…